Friday 13 March 2009

Friday 13th


What's going on today?
The Headmistress was wearing her PJ's and dressing gown in school this morning; smallest daughters' teacher was still wearing hers at 3.30!!
The boys were wearing Welsh Rugby shirts back to front.

Eldest daughter (previously known as the Vampire) persuaded Darling Husband to drive her to school on his tractor.

Davina McCall appears to be a little 'squiffy' presenting Comic relief, I didn't think it was possible to embarrass David Tenant, but it she appears to have managed it. She's an embaressment...

Smiffy was driving my Volvo on TV..I could tell by the bottle that fell out the door.

I found a M&S bouquet of flowers on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere.
The nearest M&S was 7 miles from where I found them. A beautiful bouquet of white lilies, roses and nice green stuff (I'm so horticultural).
How did they get there...was there a domestic in a car and they got flung from through a window?
I did consider taking them back and asking for a replacement, half of them had been run over after all. Darling Husband said he'd seen them on the road and considered picking them up for me, but he didn't want to go to too much trouble.

Charming!

14 comments:

Grit said...

the flowers definitely have a turbulent history... but the photograph is calming!

Lindsay said...

Agree - Davina McCall was awful - so moved channels to watch rugby U20's France versus England. They did not run in straight lines either!!!

Mean Mom said...

I didn't see an enormous amount of comic relief, but I did see Davina McCall and wondered what on earth what was wrong with her!

Wonderful flowers!

Potty Mummy said...

So glad it wasn't just me wondering about Davina...

Anonymous said...

How nice that the flowers found a good home!

(was wondering about Davina a bit as well!)

Catherine said...

I'm not superstitious, but I think those flowers were meant for you!

Mel said...

Lovely flowers and spring like pic. Davina was a bit odd as was Claudia, we did watch some as Heather likes Dr Who and wore funny hat to school so we wanted her to see where her money went.

Anonymous said...

Your Darling Husband is hilarious! Shouldn't laugh of course.

And I agree, Davina was dreadful. What on earth was she thinking? She didn't seem her normal self at all. Trying too hard?

Anonymous said...

A friend of Amy's wore pj's all day on Friday too! Amy went in a red nose t'shirt, red trousers, red hair wig covered by a "see you jimmy" hat and of course the red nose.

They had a great time.

CJ xx

Arcadian Advocate said...

Perhaps this is not the thing to say, but were the flowers on the site of an accident?
Lots of roads round here have piles of flowers on...says a lot about the drivers in this area...

Sparx said...

I can often be found in my pjs all day - so I got properly dressed!

Omega Mum said...

Very funny, Frog. And after your previous post, I now have welly envy. I didn't even know there was such a thing until now....

Millennium Housewife said...

I'm betting you were being filmed for some reality tv thing, 'who on earth would pick up half a bunch of flowers from the road side, let's watch and see' looking forward to seeing your 15minutes...MH

Frog in the Field said...

Grit..it's a puzzle, still.

Lindsay..you watch rugby? IS that the game with the broken football?

Mean Mom, glad you agree.

Potty, I think she was under some influence or other.

Mud..were they your flowers?

Adventure Mother, do you mean, because they were run over they were meant for me?

Hi Mel..the women must have had spiked drinks!

Hello Rosie, my husband doesn't need any encouragement from you , thank you very much!

Hi Crystal, glad Amy had a good time.

Aracadian, there's not been an accident there in the 16(ish) years I've been here...and they were in the road.

Sparx...you're lowering the tone of my Blog, do get dressed!

Hi Omega Mum, Welly envy? You wouldn't if you saw what's all over them already.

MM, IWASNOT!!! (stamping foot huffily)