Sunday 19 August 2007

I-Spy with my little eye

This morning began with Fruitcake and Jess barking at the heiffers in the field next to our garden. They stood munching and chewing cud steadily, taking no notice of the ridiculous dogs whatsoever.
Jasmine and Sophie had come into our bed for their morning cuddle and the obligatory game of I-Spy.

Me: I spy with my little eye something beginning with W

Daddy: window?
no
Jasmine: web?
no (grr!)
Sophie: Spider?

peels of laughter


I spy with my lickle eye something ginnin with six

Jasmine: sixteen?
Sophie: no Jasmine, that's a number!

5 comments:

Elsie Button said...

oh how adorable!! I CANNOT wait until betty can talk and come out with these little gems!

Tattieweasle said...

I love it when they do that but it's exhausting tho' The boy usually starts something like: I spy somthing beginning with Tree. My reply: Tree? The Boy: Yes, that was quick??!!!

dulwichmum said...

Lovely Frog,

I put a comment on the other day and I cannot see it. I wonder what I did wrong? I hope it did not appear rude?

Your morning sounds idyllic!

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

just found your blog via your comment on tattie's. how I remember I spys. kids now adult but ludicrous idea. hated crap party bags so love your idea and your name.

Frog in the Field said...

Dear Ms Button,
Nice to hear from you again, Betty will be very funny, I assure you.

Dear Tattie Weasle,
something beginning with tree is Sophies' favourite, I have to admit. She's so delighted when we guess it straight away!

DM, I expect your comment was awful and removed by Blogger head Office....no, really, haven't seen it, do call again.
Actually I left a comment on your blog this week and thought you'd removed it too! There must be a gremlin in the system.

Dear Elizabeth,
Thankyou for your kind comments.