Wednesday 11 June 2008

Fine Wine



I'm not the slightest bit feminist, after all, who wants to carry the rubbish out or fix the car? I'm happy to cook (most of the time) and leave instructions for my fab friend who cleans for us.
I admit to being a petrol head and being a better driver than my husband on the road, certainly much faster, but that's about as far as equality of the sexes goes in my life.
I have no wish to wrestle the bull, chase cattle round and round the field, drive the tractor or do the sheep shearing.
But today I was sent this and I thought, yeah, let them think what they like, now we know the real score.

"Men are like fine wine.. They start out as grapes, and it's up to the women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with"

11 comments:

Mean Mom said...

Yes, that's fair enough! I've been stomping for 32 years. How much longer will it take?

Thanks so much for coming to my virtual party (several times) on Saturday! It was a great day!

Expat mum said...

That would be my question too. Just how much bloody stomping does it take?

Potty Mummy said...

My heels are cracked, my ankles sore, and my knees shot. So, I repeat the question above.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?

Laura Jane Williams said...

AMEN.

Working Mum said...

Great!

As a working mum I think feminism is about not being denied options because of being female.

In other words: feminism means having the choice not to drive the tractor! Keep exercising your feminist choices!!

Grit said...

excellent. but i won't share that philosophy with dig just now.

blogthatmama said...

I've been stomping so long I think I've turned poor old Lurch into vinegar - his old grapes have gone sour..x

Anonymous said...

How very true!!

CJ xx

Maggie May said...

Brilliant!
I've stomped fro years & achieved little wine but whined much while waiting!

Frog in the Field said...

And do you know...a man sent this to me!!

Buddhist in Training said...

I love it, although i'm still working on the stomping, but definately getting somewhere, after all i did manage to drag my VERY townie husband out to the country!