Wednesday 4 July 2007

92% of men

My niece has informed me that it is a fact (must be true, she is at University) that if left alone in a room with a tea-cosy. 92% of men will put it on their head.
It's a scary fact; of course my husband puts everything on his head, he was clearing out our utility room when he came across a hand-knitted pink striped hat that was given to our daughter by a kindly, elderly aunt. It had a very large, badly attached pom-pom on the top.
It was a hat with no aesthetic qualities.
Darling husband put it on.
The postman arrived.
I watched from the upstairs window as my absent minded husband greeted the postman, failing to register the look on horror on his face as an unspoken signal that screamed "Christ mate, what the hell have you got on your head?".
I knocked on the window and pointed at my head (I couldn't speak for laughing).
"What?" was the angry shout from Darling husband.
I did it again, and he put his hand up to his head, discovering the forgotten hat.
He swore loudly.......

2 comments:

dulwichmum said...

You are indeed right about this. Each night, when preparing for the bath, my son Max runs about the house with his pants on his head. They just can't help themselves...

Frog in the Field said...

DM,
this is a story to be re-told at his Wedding Breakfast.
Get a photo!