Friday 18 January 2008

Stress

I knew the day would be a stressful one.
As always, I get up early and downlaod emails while I make my first cup of tea (aahh!).
I sat down at my desk and saw 154 emails in my Inbox!
Bloody Hell, my sale must be going well, I thought.
But no, 151 of those emails had been delivered before, for some e-reason I got all sorts os emails re-delivered, some dating back to the middle of December. No rhyme or reason, not the last 154 emails, just a sprinkling here and there.

Computer is also on go-slow, Teenager has been downloading 'music' (I'm getting so not with it), even though express instructions forbid it. 18 bugs/viruses have appeared.

My smallest daughter has taken to modelling my wellies at every opportunity so there's been plenty of mud walked through the kitchen today.

I studied the sky, heard the Thunder (really) and after extracting a littles girls' pair of feet, put on my wellies, a warm jacket, and went outside with a brush and bottle of car wax. I gave the car a good brushing and waited for the rain to wash it all off - the wind changed direction and the sun came out,, bugger it!

Bedtime loomed for the little on, she refused to go to bed.
I threatened to eat all the Jaffa Cakes if she didn't hurry up.
This caused hysterics, foot stamping of Noh Theatre quality and made everyone turn their backs on her so she wouldn't see us laughing.
She proceeded to get an impressive grip on anything she could to prevent being carried upstairs, obviously there's too much spinach in her diet!

Oh, and the best of all, Shirl gave Darling Husband his Christmas Present (cue Sindy voice) "better late than never!"
Now Darling Husband isn't quite as snobby as me about presents, but even he draws the line at musical ties from '99p Stores Ltd' (that's what the label says!)that play Christmas songs. There are ugly gnomes and elves playing guitars on it.
Darling Husband wore it to feed the cattle today.
Whatever next?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, kids and bedtime just don't seem to mix do they!

Hope the computer picks up, nothing worse, you only realise how much you rely on them when something goes wrong.

Crystal xx

Potty Mummy said...

And what did the cows think of the melody? Because I've heard that the wrong type of music can make their milk dry up...

aminah said...

I love it when I come across new blogs! will be back to read more!

Sparx said...

Well... I would love to sympathise but not having had such a day with my little one I can only imagine, vaguely agog. Thanks for the tip on turning my back so he can't see me laughing though... very handy.